A US based API Management Company wanted to develop a generic set of RESTful APIs for exposing services from different telecom operators such as payment, SMS and location. This helps the app developers to create apps using a common interface without having to worry about operator of the end user.
The developed platform was expected to have the following features
- Exposing a generic set of APIs for accessing telecom operator services
- Easily customizable mobile application for a specific operator for capturing user consent
- User identification when users are on or off network
We worked with the client's team to define the generic APIs and integration with each operator. This solution uses pragmatic REST techniques and provides secure and developer friendly APIs.
We proposed and implemented a solution with the following features:
- Use of API management platform for building the APIs
- Platform agnostic and customizable mobile applications
- OAuth 2 implementation for end user authorization
- Designed and implemented the first phase of the application in 12 weeks
- Employed iterative development to absorb client's feedback regularly during the application development
- Used a research oriented approach for trying different candidate solution approaches before deciding the final solution
This project involved creation of RESTful web services to provide a uniform set of APIs to app developers for accessing services provided by different telecom operators.
- Client: US Based Telecom Company
- Execution Time: 12 Weeks
- Category: Apigee Professional Services