A US based API Management Company wanted to develop a generic set of RESTful APIs for a leading provider of private-labeled, connected vehicle services for the automotive, insurance, and aftermarket industries.
The developed platform was expected to have the following features
- Exposing a set of RESTful APIs for vehicle connect services provider.
- Managing backend sso token for APIs and securing them.
- Handling REST to SOAP Transformations as backend was SOAP based.
We worked with the client's team to design and implement the solution. This solution uses pragmatic REST techniques and provides secure and developer friendly APIs.
We proposed and implemented a solution with the following features:
- APIs were built on top of Apigee platform.
- Using out of box features provided by Apigee and custom components to build stable and secure APIs.
- Designed and implemented stable and high performing APIs which are able to handle large scale live traffic.
- Delivered 4 set of APIs involving around 50 operations related to vehicle connector and control, geo location and subscription management in just 6 weeks of timeline.
This project involved designing and developing RESTful APIs for a vehicle connecting service provider. It exposes roadside services, which protects millions of drivers each year, coming to the rescue with everything from towing, lockouts, tire changes, electric vehicle recharging etc. It also has a set of subscription management APIs.
- Client: Large API Management Company
- Execution Time: 6 Weeks
- Category: Apigee Professional Services